Advertise Here

Support our Sponsors

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Get your Windows product key from a script




 A while back Stacy asked:

"Hi Steve. I was wondering if you knew of a way to get a windows product key from a script. I need it because we are trying to audit our windows licensing, and see if we have any duplicate keys"

And by coincidence, I got this email from Matthew P:

"Do you guys have a quick tool to see what model a computer is?

Just as soon as I typed this I remembered I already have a tool for this sort of thing, and I'm attaching it now..."


The real gem in Matthew's script is the ability to pull out a Windows product key.

This info is located in the registry under

HKLM\Software\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

With a value of:

DigitalProductId

If you look at it, you will realize it is encrypted:

Product ID Encrypted

That is what his script takes care of. It reverses the simple XOR encryption and turns that numeric mess into a readable product key.

Not a real product key

You can get the script from here:

GetProductKey.dat

Just rename to .vbs, and it outputs the OS version, and key to the console.

Steve Wiseman
http://www.intelliadmin.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Thousands of Visitors for Your Website

autosurf

Get Free Dot Tk Domain

Earn Money by Just Shortening URL