Advertise Here

Support our Sponsors

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wireless Broadband Coverage Issues


Recently my father wanted internet connectivity at his work site in the vicinity of Port-Qasim (Karachi), I suggested him to go for wireless broadband. So, my father asked me to get the best wireless broadband connection. This was not an easy task and above all my finding surprised me even more.

I decided to check out wi-tribe connection but calling their customer support I got to know that they offer no coverage in Port-Qasim, the second most busy sea-port of Pakistan. Well I couldn't connect to change and had to change my mind to try out qubee, although they have a pretty well drawn coverage map on their website which others lack but again did not have coverage in the area.

Checking out PTCL evo and Mobilink Infinity I found the same, they also fail to have coverage in Port-Qasim. My last resort was Wateen, the first wireless broadband provider of the country. Calling at Wateen, I get to know that the call center agent does not even know if they have coverage in my desired vicinity, they only know that the coverage is available through out Karachi and to check for a particular area I will have to check myself by visiting any franchise. With this I got into argument over what are helplines for that lasted for 5 mins and the agent ended up sending me the address of the nearest franchise via SMS, which I never visited after all this frustration.

The whole point I want to make here is that the coverage area of wireless broadband services still needs a lot a improvement and to assist consumers better, coverage maps like the one qubee has must be available on all operators website and the helpline agent must also be educated completely about the service.

via [telecompk]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Thousands of Visitors for Your Website

autosurf

Get Free Dot Tk Domain

Earn Money by Just Shortening URL